Welcome to The Spark Journal. My name is Chris Gonzales. I am a writer, amateur photographer, husband, and father living in Oklahoma City. In addition to this site, I am a contributor at Tools & Toys and The Sweet Setup.
I write about a number of subjects here, with a general focus on creativity, writing, craftsmanship, and things that delight—with a splash of geekery thrown in for good measure. I like to think of it as a place for creative geeks to stop by, enjoy their morning cup of coffee, and read things that stimulate their minds and inspire them to do their best work.
If you enjoy the things I write about here and would like to support the site, it'd mean the world to me if you checked out the membership subscription :)
There are a few ways to keep up with this site:
- Subscribe to the RSS feed.
- Follow @thesparkjournal on Twitter.
- Follow @sparkjournal on App.net
- If you enjoy newsletters, enter your email address into the form below and every Saturday morning you will receive a collection of that week's articles. Best enjoyed with a cup of coffee and a comfy chair.
- RSS feed powered by FeedPress
- All domains handled by Hover
- Late nights of writing fueled by Tonx Coffee
I do not currently have an RSS sponsorship system in place, but I am quite open to the idea. If you have something you'd like to advertise to an audience of lovely, tech-savvy people, let me know!
Affiliate Link Policy
From time to time, I may use affiliate links when linking to certain products on Amazon, iTunes, etc. You have my word that I will do this sparingly, and only for products that I use and love myself. If I've linked to something in this way, you can trust that I think it's worth your time. It costs you nothing extra, and helps me keep the lights on around here.
Get In Touch
If you have a love letter, question, or comment, feel free to email me at email@example.com. If you just need to hit me up real quick, I'm @Gromble on Twitter and @chrisg on App.net. Alternatively, you can use the contact form below.