As the title implies, here's a list of things I would like to accomplish for the site. Probably won't be that interesting to anyone but myself, but I've heard that the best motivator for getting things done is making them public so that I feel more accountable.
Anyway, here goes:
- Have a logo designed.
- Design a nice t-shirt or two, with the logo on at least one of them.
- Write more long-form pieces instead of link-blogging so much.
- Focus more on writing product reviews than before (this will require actually purchasing stuff I want to use, but I don't make a ton of money and I tend to like nice things so this could be tough without support from readers).
- Get better at writing in Markdown.
- Write about my Evernote setup.
- Finish that review comparison of Instacast/Downcast/Pocket Casts/etc.
- Come up with some sort of paid membership that provides readers with additional content/features of some sort. This will be inexpensive, likely $2-3/month.
- Set up RSS sponsorships. Will only approve services I personally love to use.
- Interview some of the web personalities that I look up to, mainly writers but also some designers and podcast hosts.
- Start a podcast of my own.
I expect the list to keep growing, but this seems like a good start. If you guys have any feedback or ideas, I would love to hear it.